Sunday, October 7, 2007

Extras, Extras!!

Okay, so, I'm a huge fan of the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld. And until yesterday, I was all sure that it was going to be a trilogy. I mean, it says that Specials (the third book) was going to be the last in the trilogy, right? So, as you can imagine, I practically jumped out of my skin yesterday at the mall when I saw a display outside of Waldenbooks for EXTRAS the fourth in the series. Scott Westerfeld has a pretty sarcastic thing to say about that on the dedication page in his book. I have to say, it made me laugh. The only sad thing is that it is not going to be told from Tally's perspective like the previous ones. There is a new main character and it takes place a few years after Specials ends. I haven't started reading it just yet because I am currently busy reading George Orwell's 1984 (which is an amazing book. I definately recomend it.) But I am extremely excited to start reading it!
I guess it's been a while since I last posted anything.
About movies: Anyone who has not seen Resident Evil: Extinction, definately needs to see it! It is totally amazing. If you are under 17 (like me, being a sad 15) ask your parents to buy you tickets (it is rated 'R'). Trust me, this is a movie that you want to see on the big screen, and it is definately not the last one, either. The end of the movie makes it perfectly clear that there will be a fourth one.
In music news, I am happy to say that I have a new obsession. Dashboard Confessional. I bought two of their CDs yesterday, and I fell in love with them! Their newest album, The Shade of Poison Trees, is beautiful, and the cover song (In the Shade of Poison Trees) is amazing! I also got one of their older CDs called Dusk and Summer, which has this beautiful song on it called Stolen. And I am even giving one of their songs a very coveteted (well, I'd like to think so anyway) place on my Twilight Playlist. The song is called Clean Breaks. Do I need to explain anymore why I chose that song?
So, I found some cool new pictures, and I am going to try and load them onto my sidebar to change it up a bit, but it may take me a while, so I don't know if I'll do it tonight. I have school tomorrow and I have to do this fake trial thing. Ugh.
TTYL!

1 comment:

Nudge.::.Twin said...

You like Scott Westerfield? That's cool. I do too. I still have to read Specials, but I really like it so far.