Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Hairspray and Sixties Day-- Summer Stuff Part 2

Ok, so, I have to say that one of the best movies that I saw this summer was Hairspray. Any of you who haven't seen it yet should totally check it out. It is hilarious. WAY better than any other musical I have ever seen, and I love musicals.
Yeah. Nothing much more exciting happened this summer. I've been driving a lot (behold the powers of a learning permit) and I got totally hooked on the TV show Greek. Have any of you watched that? The season finale was last night. I am going to miss it, but thankfully, it will be back soon (hopefully).
OMG! Now for BAD news. Has anyone heard what is going to happen to the Max Ride movie? Yeah, well, let's just say that Jason Dolley will not be playing Iggy, except maybe for his voice. Yeah, that's right, Max is going to be ANIMATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe the injustice of it all? I spent hours clicking away on that website just to see these amazing books made into cartoon movies? To say that I am extremely peeved is the understatement of the century. And to make things worse, the original plan, when the movie was going to be live action, was that it would be released sometime next year. Now it's looking like it won't come out until 2010 at the best. That's the year I graduate and leave for college!!! Do you think that I'll be able to afford trivial things like going to movies while I am a poor college student scraping money out of seat coushins just to survive? I don't think so! And will I even want to go to an (hem hem) animated movie when I am eighteen. Doubt it!
Ok. I need to take some deep breaths.
On some happier news, this week is school spirit week at my school. Each day of the week is a different dress up day. At the big pep assembly on Friday there are awards for the best guy, girl, and teacher/staff outfits for each day. I think that I am pretty much a lock to win tomorrow's theme. It is decades day. Sophomores get to dress up as the sixties and let me tell you , my hippie ensamble ROCKS! It is a vintage chic that I think Alice would have even been proud of had the events in Twilight taken place in the sixties hippie era. (even though my outfit is (hem hem) off the rack *GASP*) Lol. I knew I would fit that in somewhere. I loved the way she sounded so disgusted when she talked about the horrors of getting a wedding dress off the rack! It made me seriously reconsider my future wedding plans (yeah, remember that drive up chapel that Edward mentioned? My plans consisted of something close to that, though, maybe not that extreme).
So, I am going to try to get on to a school computer tomorrow to check all of your wonderful blogs that I have not been able to see all summer and remind you that I am not dead and that I miss you!
TTYL!!

No comments: