Friday, December 14, 2007

Long Time, No Post

As I predicted, my school has finally done the inivetable and denied me access to blogger, so I can no longer post from the school computers. As it is, I am babysitting now, but I put the little girl to bed and I am allowed to use their computer. It has fast internet (yay!).
So, even fewer people voted in my new post as my old one. That makes me sad. I for Suze Simon, by the way. She is way cool.
Anyway, some pretty exciting things have happened since I last posted. Edward and Bella have been casted for the twilight movie!! Kirsten Stewart (In the Land of Women, The Messengers) and Robert Pattinson (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire-- Cedric Diggory) will be playing our romantic heroes. I wasn't too happy about the choices at first, but I've decided that they are actually pretty good. I think they'll look cute together.
So, for anyone who likes the Great and Terrible Beauty books by Libba Bray, the newes one, The Sweet Far Thing, comes out on December 26 (what idiot came up with that, I wonder?). I am reserving my copy tomorrow. I am seriously excited.
Unfortunately, we have to wait until May for our next Stephenie Meyer novel. Her science fiction novel, The Host, is debuting on May 6.
And as for movies, I think that we are having an overload of good ones at the moment. I recently saw August Rush (which is AMAZING by the way). It made me laugh and cry.
I also saw The Golden Compass. For fans of the book, you may be disappointed with the ending, but the movie itself is one of the best book adaptations I have ever seen. And ignore all of those comments about how it is an athiest book trying to make people not believe in God. I am a Christian, and the books haven't affected my faith one bit. People just like to cause trouble.
As for ones that I haven't seen but really want to: I Am Legend (Will Smith, the last man on Earth, fighting vampires) is the one I am most anxious to see, and I may get to on Sunday. I was going to today, but I had to babysit... and consequently I am posting this. (Yay).
I am also much looking forward to seeing Enchanted. Some of my friends saw it and said that it was really good and cute.
P.S. I love you is definetely going to make me cry, but I'll still love it! I think that it looks like the best chick flick in a long time.
Then there's Johnny Depp's latest, Sweeny Todd. Is it just me, or can that man be absolutely any character he wants, from a constantly drunk pirate to a demon barber, and still be totally gorgeous? No, it's not just me. It's a fact of life. I even know guys who will admit that he is amazing!
As for me, nothing too exciting is happening. I have gotten up to about 65 pages in the story I am writing (my goal is 150, which will be about 250 in a regularly sized book). I know that I haven't written much about it yet, but that's because I'm trying to keep in on the DL. I don't want my idea being stolen.
Anyway, that's about it. If I don't post anything for a while, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm from Brazil and I read Twilight and New Moon. Then I love Bella and Edward so much. I was looking to a picture of Kristen Stewart and suddenly I saw your blog. And was very interesting because we're so far away from each other but we read the same books, we have something in commom. This is great and you don't have post so... This is the firt one.
A big kiss ..*
ps: do you have orkut?
ps²:sorry about the english, I'm still learning.